In Year Transfer Applications

In-year admission applications for entry to Busbridge CofE Junior School are managed for us through Surrey County Council  - to find out more information and to make an application please click on the following link:

Applications should be made on an In Year Transfer CMA form via Surrey County Council and are subject to the criteria as stated in our admissions policy (see below for 2019/20) and the waiting list as at time of application. The CMA application form that needs to be completed can be accessed via this Surrey County Council link.
We are full in year 3, year 4 and year 5 for this academic year 2020/21. We currently have 2 places in year 6 for this academic year 2020/21. If a place is not available at the time of application the child's name will be placed on our waiting list in accordance with the criteria at time of application.

In-Year variation to Admissions Policy for the year 2021-22
Busbridge CE Junior School is notifying you of an in-year variation to our admissions policy for the year 2021-22. This will affect admissions to Year 3 in September 2021 and beyond. The closure of churches as a result of Covid-19, has raised the difficult issue of clergy verifying an applicant's level of church attendance in order to meet governors' over-subscription criteria. Clearly it will not be possible for clergy to do so in line with schools' admissions policies during the next admissions application round for the academic year 2021/22.  As a result, an in-year variation to our over-subscription criteria has been agreed, in order to remedy this and clarify the position for prospective parents.  This is based on advice received from the DfE, the Church of England Education Office and the Office of the Schools Adjudicator (OSA).  Please note that this was not a formal consultation, which was not required under these circumstances.

The wording for the variation, as agreed with the OSA VAR1391 11th September 2020, is as follows:

"In the event that during the period specified for attendance at worship, the church has been closed for public worship and has not provided alternative premises for that worship, the requirements of these admissions arrangements in relation to attendance, will only apply to the period when the church has been available for public worship”.

All other aspects of our admissions policy remain unchanged.